Ashampoo presents its new protection program Ashampoo AntiSpyWare 2 which offers twice as much protection as the previous version. Having run a full computer scan for possible infections, the program will remove the infected files immediately. A permanent active background scanner will notify you in advance and offer real-time protection for the computer. While connected to the internet the program makes sure that new malware won’t have any chance to enter your system through the back door.
Virus definitions on more than 1,270,000 threats are already included you will be protected against. Virus signatures will be updated online on a regular basis so that your weapon never gets blunt. Thus, securing that even most recent spyware will be safely identified. Heuristic search patterns will repel even malware that is not yet known but will get identified through suspicious actions.
New features in Ashampoo AntiSpyWare 2
- Protection against more than 1,270,000 threats from the internet.
- Full compatibility with Windows Vista™ (32 Bit) from now on.
- Windows Vista™ Gadget (Vista 32-Bit) works as information and control operation centre Users can store their personal settings into the respective folders thanks to the new multiple user support. Administrator rights are not required.
- Enhanced Realtime Monitor also takes care of new Windows areas (BHO, Winsock LSPs, Windows Hosts file, Autostart entries etc.).
- Newly developed as well as completely revised Vista compatible tools are now available basing on Ashampoo WinOptimizer 4, the awarded winner by the German computer magazine ComputerBILD.
- Hostsfile Checker reports suspicious entries in Hosts file and allows for cleaning up.
- LSP-Viewer gives support to the user to identify installed winsock attributes, by which means parasite programs can be smuggled into.
- Folders, files or even „infections“ can be excluded from the search to prevent false alarms thanks to the whitelist definitions.
- Due to internal encryption algorithms possible malicious threats are prevented from secretly adding themselves to the whitelist.
- There is a direct online connection to a malware database which gives information on detected infections.
- The integrated task scheduler has been fully integrated by now and it is possible to create, manage and perform automatically individual scanning tasks.
- Users with a licence on the first version of Ashampoo AntiSpyWare which is still in force can transfer heir remaining time for signature update licence to the second version.
- Three integrated skins adapt to personal customization of the program.